Thursday, April 1, 2010

Feather and Fan Scarf

I found some yummy yarn and wanted to find a scarf pattern that wasn't too fancy (I've not done any lace-weight work yet) and would show off the gorgeous color variations in the yarn. I'd found several versions of the Feather and Fan Scarf online, but liked Wendy Johnson's version best. You can see the original pattern here.

Here's a simplified recap:

Use whatever yarn you want and appropriately-sized needles (for my scarf I used size 7 needles).

Cast on any multiple of 18 stitches + four. (I cast on 40.)
Rows 1 & 2: Knit
Row 3: Knit 2, *K2T 3 times, YO K1 6 times, K2T 3 times*, Knit 2 (Repeat instructions between asterisks as many times as needed to work with the number of stitches you cast on).
Row 4: Knit

Repeat until the scarf is the length you want, or you run out of yarn, or you doze off while knitting and watching television (which happens to me fairly often....*LOL*).

No comments:

Post a Comment